final opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
reason for matx = i got a hp pavilion case with a window. beleive me, if i had a decent atx, i would get an atx mobo, but my only atx case sucks...badly. if i could get my hands on some spray paint, some plexi, my dads dremil, and some cathode tubes, i would mod that case, but it sucks for expansion, only 2 120mm fans, 2 hdd's 2 cd's and a floppy. and on top of that, only the psu that came with the case fits it unless i somehow cut a hole big enough in the back for it to fit.

and yea, i know to not go cheap, but in this case it isnt an option. but for now, i could get a decent mobo, and psu, but i would have to get a 128mb or 256mb stick of ram to drag me along until i got some money for a gig or 2. same deal with the cpu, just get something to get it running, and when i get the money, upgrade. graphics aernt a problem, i got that covered already, same with hard drive.

i have been looking into some am2 boards, but all the good ones are a little out of my price range. and seriously the biostar tforces are the best for overclocking on the matx platform? well in that case, ill do some research on those boards.

i cant save money worth ****. lol, im one of those peeps that will go to the mall with $100 and burn it all in spencers, hot topic, and the food court.

sooo, in that case, im going with a biostar mobo (thats what i had in my last build) so i already trust them, got no prob wit em.

BIOSTAR GEFORCE 6100-M9 Socket 939

AMD Athlon 64 3200+

PQI Power Series 256mb (PC-3200)

same psu from above.

total comes to 186 after shipping and taxes. ill bargian with my dad and see if i can get him to cover the taxes. in jan i might get 100(if im lucky), ill put that into some ram, then around august ill see about getting a 4000+.

o and talldude, because i dont want to throw it out, and nobody wants to buy it, plus its got a window in it, and the inside is pretty roomy with a 120mm on the back, 80 on the side, and another 80 up front. thats y i want to use the hp case

That PC you listed there won't even run.

256MB RAM was okay back in 2004. But XP requires 128MB...so you're hurting for running anything.

yea been doing some research, and it looks pretty good. just thing that i find a little odd is the placement of the fdd connector. why below the last pci slot? that board supports boot from usb right?

EDIT: update, just submitted the order, its at step 3 currently. man i hope i dont get any duds, and i especially hope that ups dont **** my **** up.(even tho i never had a problem with them)

and horray, first order from newegg. my last one was from compusa.com, so im hopin for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom