fps, how do you tell

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
I just got a new video card and I don't think that it is working as well as it should so I was wondering how do i tell how many FPS I am getting do I have to download something or what?

so if the game has it where would i find it at to turn it on? and with FRAPS is that something I could turn on and off? thanks

Google the game and type FPS at the end. For example in CS:S it is net_graph 1 for FPS in console. Other games like GTR series it is Ctrl+F.

Fraps is a program that you launch before the game and it will be in the corner of the screen. You can do benchtests, record movies and take and save pictures.

ok tell me what you guys think i should do. I had everything planed out to get this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130061
but I went to best buy and one of the guys talked me into buying a x1900GT and now I have that card in and it hasn't really impressed me, I downloaded FRAPS and in Far Cry with the settings on max it is getting about 30 not moveing and 20-25 with action, on Call of Duty 2 I am getting about 35 just walking around and 25-30 with action and the final game was Condemned Criminal Origins were I am getting about 35-38 most the time. If I was going to get that Nvidia card do you think that these numbers would improve?

I guess I really don't even know are these frame rate even that bad? or should they be higher for this card or is this card just not very good?

Well, it doesn't really matter what your FPS is as long as its smooth and good to play . At least that's my view.

Uninstall the drivers you have and get the Catalyst drivers from guru3d. You need to ask a ATI guy what the best ones are (as these are modified ATI ones - that work better than the original.) FRAPS also takes off a couple of FPS due to it using resources.

I would have gone for the 7950GT though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom