PC wont boot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destinedfayte

Solid State Member
CPU: Intel Pentium D 805 Smithfield 2.66GHz LGA 775 Dual Core

MoBo: Intel D945GPM MicroATX

RAM: G.SKILL 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

Graphics Card: XFX GeForce 7900GS 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 EXTREME

HD: 100GB

PSU: 480W

I just upgraded my computer's graphics card, ram and cpu. everything was fine and ran after installing the ram. now that i installed the graphics card and the new processor it wont boot, itll turn on but i get no signal and after a second it shuts down, so i switched back to my old processor (P4 3.06GHz) and it attempts to boot up but again after a minute it started to make continuous short beeps and shut back down.

any suggestions?

You can check your motherboard manual to find out what the sequense of "beeps" means.Have you tried tried to use your old graphics card and see if the pc boots?

have you reset the bios, and also checked to make sure that the onboard video is turned off? I would try going back to the original parts again... once it loads correctly, change one part at a time to find out what is causing it... I personally think it's the ram, due to the board supporting up drr2-667 and you have 800... yes I know it's supposed to be backward compatable, but some ram and mobo's don't like that.

Sounds like a memory issue. Multiple shourt beeps from the mobo indicated memory isn't recognized. If it is 800mhz ddr2 and your board only supports ddr533............it will hot recognize that memory. Put in the new CPU and graphics card and the old memory. I'll bet your be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom