Upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, Sorry for the double post but i got another question.

My friend said along with all of this that i should order an extra 512mb stick of ram, but i have no idea on what kind to get that matches my computer.

How much ram do you have. From what I can remember I saw 1gb. The kind of ram you need to be looking at, is DDR.

Right now i got 512mb.

So i can buy any brand of ram as long as it follows these guidelines?

PC2700 DIMM 184-pin DDR SDRAM

Before you go out and buy that power supply, I'm pretty sure that DELLs have proprietary PSUs and stuff, so you might not be able to fit in the case.. but I'm not 100% sure.

Actually, ill just ask this.

Can someone just help me find a power supply unit that can fit into a Dell Dimension 4600? Since thats the only thing thats preventing me from ordering any parts.

I'm not 100% sure, so you might be fine with a 4600. It just probably would be good to get a little more information before you go out spending money that might end up wasted... But, I did a google search and got something like this...

http://www.endpcnoise.com/cgi-bin/e/std/sku=dellconverter

Anybody more experienced in this subject, is this what somebody would need to use a regular ATX PSU, and it says the 4600 doesn't require it, so maybe it will work without it..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom