Upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1221

Solid State Member
Sup everyone, new here. And need some help upgrading my Dell Dimension 4600 Desktop.

Basically, i just wanna buy a new graphics card besides the Intel one i have that came with the computer. But the thing is, i have no idea on what to get.

The questions that i have are, could i just buy any card and install it? Or is there some certain cards that are only compatible with my computer. I'm not looking for a high-end graphics card, just a mid-level card, that could get me some decent frame rates in my games.

Any help would be grateful.

P.S. Merry Christmas everyone.

Looking at the dimension 4600 specs, it says you have an AGP 8x slot. So you need an AGP graphics card. What is your budget first of all?

Awesome thanks for the help, here's another question.

With that graphics card would i have to buy any other parts to support it? Or am i fine just buying that and installing it?

Hmm....I'm not sure but the minimum power supply says:
A minimum 400W system power supply (with 12V current rating of 20A or more). Do you know how much your power supply is?

Awesome, so thats all i would need right?

Also, would they come with manuals on how to install them? Or would i have to search for it.

The video card will come with a manual on how to install it. Oh and a note on the drivers. Don't use the cd that the video card came with. Just download the newest video drivers at the website:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71.html

I'm not sure about the power supply coming with a manual on how to connect stuff, but if you get stuck anyhwere, we can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom