Want to build a pc!! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
darkop16 said:
opps...sry we usually never put the OS in the build. I think everyone just assumes you have one with a previous build but since this is your first, then you'll need one.

microsoft xp home w/ vista coupon $90

Or you could learn how to use linux and get a free linux versoin but don't ask me how to use it :p .

Sry bout not including it...hope it doesn't mess you up. I can't really think of something you could downgrade to bring the price down. sry

Its all good man Im happy. Im going to get counter strike also. Im pretty excited. Is it hard to put it together?

follow one of the stickies in the high preformance section that gives you steps on how to put it together. Also your mobo's manuel will have a detialed set of instructions on how to put everything together and in what order.

So refer to the stickies to make sure you are not missing a major step, and use your mother board's manuel for the specific stuff. For example, it whould give you a set of detailed instructions (with pics ;) ) on how to install the processor and the heatsink/fan that comes with the processor.

The biggest thing to watch out for is to always ground yourself while handling the compenents. This means always have a hand or elbow tocuhing the metal part of the computer case to dispense any potential electrical surge you may have that can damage the circuits. Also plug the psu in last, don't have it pluged in first with the power on....that could hurt you or/and the components. But if you follow the stickies and the mobo manuel...you should be fine. :)

good luck and if you have any more questions or problems, you can pm me or ask them here :)

What other dvd burner do you guys recommend? the liteon dvd burner w/light scribe is out of stock?

Lite on are good burners but im not sure about these new 20x burners...ive heard they're not really faster, but i don't have any so i don't know from experience. But it still should be a good burner.

okay, So i have it all built. But now my stepdad is saying i am missing driver for my harddrive.

I ended up buying the dvd 840i. Right now i am installing windows and i keep on getting that it cannot read the disk or i do not have a validated version of windows. I have tried 2 different versions of windows now. My new one and my old one. Im thinking it just cant read it, like my dvd drive is being weird. I know it works. It is connected. And the light in the front is coming on, on the dvd 840

Hard Drives don't need drivers, so don't worry about it.

About the other issue, it does seem it's a problem with the DVD drive. Try borrowing another CD/DVD drive to see if that's the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom