USB problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

houssam_ballout

Baseband Member
hello all
I have a USB that was working normally, from 2 days, when I plug it into my computer, it told me that it needs format then I format it, when I plug it again it also told me to format it again. I go to its properties after I've format it, it said that the used size is 444 MB, and the unused is 56MB, where there is no file (it was clearly formatted), so what do u think the problem is?
THanks

USB is an interface not a device.
you need to tell us more
1. your OS
2. Does your pc support usb2
3, is the "USB" a hard drive ?
4. If it is a hard drive in a usb enclosure, does the enclosure support usb2 ?
5. what is the make and model of the HD in the enclosure ?

if xp did you go into control panel , admin tools, computer management, disk management ... does the hd show there, try and format. DO NOT FORMAT the wrong one.

so this is like one of those thumb drives you plug into a usb port ?
Have you tried it on another computer ?

The mysterious used space is probably used for reformatting and allowing the drive to function

houssam_ballout said:
hello all
I have a USB that was working normally, from 2 days, when I plug it into my computer, it told me that it needs format then I format it, when I plug it again it also told me to format it again. I go to its properties after I've format it, it said that the used size is 444 MB, and the unused is 56MB, where there is no file (it was clearly formatted), so what do u think the problem is?
THanks

are you sure that the unused is not 444MB and the used is the 56MB, because that would sound correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom