I have a problem, please help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

manblue

Solid State Member
I deleted almost everything on my laptops C hard drive. When I try to start it up I get the following message: "NTLDR is missing"
And when I put the windows xp professional cd in and boot it from that the following comes up "INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing, status 47872 Setup cannot continue.
I don't know what to do, could anyone please help me.

I think he just wants to get is laptop going again.

Well so when you try to boot froml a cd you get an error? how far in the cd boot do you get? will it even begin loading anything or just give the error right away?

if that is so I would get a floppy with windows 98 oem bootdisk and fdisk and then format it, then use the cd. If it happens again the cd may be bad or the cd drive may be bad/dirty.

lancec2c30 said:
I think he just wants to get is laptop going again.

Well so when you try to boot froml a cd you get an error? how far in the cd boot do you get? will it even begin loading anything or just give the error right away?
yes, i just want to get it going again.
It will try to load the setup and than the error described above comes.

Warez Monster said:
if that is so I would get a floppy with windows 98 oem bootdisk and fdisk and then format it, then use the cd. If it happens again the cd may be bad or the cd drive may be bad/dirty.

Where can you get that windows 98 oem bootdisk? Should I just download it and put it on a floppy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom