No Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerulean

In Runtime
Hello!

I just built a new computer with a DFI Lan Party motherboard for a family member. So after I finished it, I pushed the power button, and the blue power LED lit up for about half a second and then shut off. Can anyone give me any leads? Thanx :)

What do the diagnostic LED's in the bottom left corner do?

What Power supply do you have?

List the following:

CPU
HDD
Video Card
RAM

Thanx for responding :)

CPU is Athlon 3400
HDD is a Maxtor 80GB
RAM is Kingston 1GB DDR400
500watt ATX power supply (From a Turbo superalien case)
ATI Radeon x550 (not my first choice) ;)

Alright, I thought i'd post a little update. After quite a bit of hardware troubleshooting and LOTS of reading, I finally figured out that the power supply was in fact the issue. Whether its because it's dead or incompatible with the motherboard is still unclear, but when I hooked up another one, the system lit up, unfortunately the new one has low wattage so it looks like it'll need to be upgraded to something with a little more output. Some of the online reading for this mobo states that this particular unit is extremely picky about what's hook in with it. I'll post an update later.

It's odd, because I've never had issues with those power supplies before. My guess is that it was just sitting out too long. The power supply that's in there for now is a Master Power psu, but the wattage is too low. The computer turns on for a few minutes then shuts off, so I'm thinking a 500watt will probably do the trick.

As for the old psu, it may not be the unit at all. A few reviews said this particular board is extremely picky when it comes to things like RAM, power supplies, and video cards. For future reference to all people on this site, it's a DFI Lan Pary motherboard N series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom