Laptop Power Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latnam

Beta member
Recently acquired a Clevo M57U notebook. The store I got it from pre-installed windows XP Pro and a few other programs. In addition they let the notebook reamin on overnite to ensure nothing will go wrong.

So now here I am. After getting the notebook I powered it on via battery. Wanted to drain the battery down completly for a full charge.
Once the battery reached 10% it started the alert and warning messages.

I went into the Control Panel->Power Management.

Unticked all the Alarms, and changed all the Scheme settings to Never under the Running on Batteries column.

Turn off Monitor -> Never
Turn off Hard Disk -> Never
System Standby -> Never
System Hibernation -> Never

The battery finally drained down and the computer shut itself down. After it was dead I went and plugged in the cord in to start charging it. Which its not doing.

Checked to see if the power cords were connected correctly.
Checked to see if there was power coming from the outlet I plugged into.
Removed the battery and tried starting up the laptop.

Nadda, Nothing, Zilch for this laptop.

Called the store that I got it from and they said there was no problems with it when it was sent out. Which they'll be more than happy to look at...after X-Mas of course because no one is working until then.

So did I screw something up ny changing the Power Settings on the laptop, or am I looking at a possbily faulty cord? Find it hard to believe I got it like this to only find I got a hunk of junk.

Can't edit my post up above for my grammar errors, or of any further attempts in resolving the problem.

*Update* The Laptop comes with an Audio "DJ" player. According to the User's Manual the laptop will not power on with the Audio "DJ" Player on.

This particular laptop has a LED screen at the base. Would assume the LED would display whether its on or off with the power cord plugged in yet it does neither. Going to take the laptop in to get looked at hopefully.

Is this new or used how long have you had the notebook ? I would not do anything to the notebook and take it back. Do not forget your receipt.

Brand new laptop just got today. My main problem I have is also real life issues. The laptop is to be taken with me when I deploy to the middle east. As you can probably tell I am in the military. My time window of getting this corrected is very very narrow. Hence why I want to get this up and running as soon as possible.

The X-mas holiday slows down things a bit for me, and I'm looking at roughly 2 weeks of time remaining to do anything.

The laptop was shipped to me from San Diego area and I'm currently in Detroit on leave enroute to Seattle once X-mas is done.

That leaves me to either trying to find a resolve on my end before I deploy in getting it corrected, or sending it back to where I got it from and leave with nothing.

You didn't screw anything up by changing options in Windows. Windows can't do anything when the computer is off, so your problem is with the actual hardware.

The laptop can be sent out to me to where I am located, however getting it in one piece has a 5% success rate. Seen stuff that was labeled unbreakable broken upon arrival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom