Driver(s) Need Help In Finding The Right Ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Steven

Beta member
Hello,

I been having problems these passed few days ... I had windows XP home up and running well I had to reformat my computer with the HP Recovery CD's well for some odd reason the cd's went bad so I have to order another copy. Well I'm like how am I going to get onto the internet? and its going to take HP a very long time to ship the cds lol since its the holidays lol ... so what I did was took out the hard drive that had my old xp system on it and took another hard drive a fresh one and installed it and put windows 98 Second edition. and everything seems to be ok I guess ... well besides my ethernet not able to connect and I have no sound ... I been tryin to do research on how to find the right drivers for my computer but I havent had any luck ... and it's really annoying so if someone can help point me in the right direction please do and also If you need any other information please let me know

-Steven-

What model Hp is it that would help a heap.

The reason there could be no sound is that windows 98 probably doesnt have the drivers for the sound card.

The ethernet drivers might not be as well, or also windows 98 can be a pain to set up for ethernet

hp pavillion 7915 is the model HP ... Ya it says that I have no sound card ... by going to run > dxdiag and then sound =/

depending on where you are click on the link that coresponds with your country and follows the links... it should help you out with what you need.

I all ready tried ... I went to http://www.hp.com/ then I clicked on Software & Driver Downloads ... then I typed in my model number which is hp pavillion 7915 then clicked on HP Pavilion 7915 Desktop PC (US/CAN) ... and it said to pick an OS so I clicked on 98 and there is basically nothing ... blah so ya :(

yeah, put xp on it, as Why the **** would u want 98, its ancient now, like nukem said, 98 aint supported anymore.
Xp should auto detect and install driver, else goto hp and get it for xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom