This Gaming PC meet the needs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the feedback and comments! I've chosen this case, it seems rather new and its not too older counterpart has gotten good reviews: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811208021 the dimensions are 20.3'' x 8.1'' x 17.5'' (I think it's D x W x H, respectively). And as for the monitor, it dropped 30 more dollars on NewEgg as a christmas deal so.. yeah, hands down on that monitor, heh.

Again, awesome community =], thanks for your comments.

the 40fps for fear on high with AA/AF might be a little hard with that game, AA/AF require a lot of power from the vid card let a lone the graphics on high for fear...might be a little risky, maybe im just a moron, but from the reviews and 3dmarks ive read it might be hard with that vid card

icantflybfplane said:
the 40fps for fear on high with AA/AF might be a little hard with that game, AA/AF require a lot of power from the vid card let a lone the graphics on high for fear...might be a little risky, maybe im just a moron, but from the reviews and 3dmarks ive read it might be hard with that vid card

If by high he means maximum. I run Fear at those settings with my overclocked x1800gto (with overclock about 20% faster than a 7900gt in 3dmark05) I'm getting close to 40fps.
But if you look at online reviews of the graphics cards they say you should have no problem doing it.

dario03 said:
If by high he means maximum. I run Fear at those settings with my overclocked x1800gto (with overclock about 20% faster than a 7900gt in 3dmark05) I'm getting close to 40fps.
But if you look at online reviews of the graphics cards they say you should have no problem doing it.

i run fear at high/max no problem avg 50-60fps
granted i have overclocked everything, but at stock your rig should still at least equal (if not totally trounce) mine.
no problem with 40fps, i say.

p.s. my 2ms refresh benQ 19" lcd is just as pretty as any crt i have ever seen.

nagasama said:
i run fear at high/max no problem avg 50-60fps
granted i have overclocked everything, but at stock your rig should still at least equal (if not totally trounce) mine.
no problem with 40fps, i say.

p.s. my 2ms refresh benQ 19" lcd is just as pretty as any crt i have ever seen.

Are you talking about his system or mine?

Your system is faster than mine. I only have 1gb ram, AMD64 @ 2.35ghz, x1800xl (16 pipes x 700/700).
His system at stock speeds compared to yours with OC would be a little slower in video games.

My ram and cpu could be whats slowing me down though since its always stressing when running FEAR.

he didn't say your x2 is faster than a c2d, by all means he would be dead wrong, he said your system as a whole OC'd to where it is might be a little better than the one proposed at stock in games.

if i might make a suggestion about the video card, if you could spare another $50-60 get a 7950gt as the 512mb would help quite a bit in games.

dario03 said:
Are you talking about his system or mine?
His system at stock speeds compared to yours with OC would be a little slower in video games.

no, dario said faster. you ^^ said better.
see dario, i told you...and it didnt take very long. ha.
thirdleft, you said it too!
my "system as a whole" includes my x2. and you say it would be better...
intel fan quote "faster is better".
therefore, you are saying my rig is faster.
dude you're both wrong. at my o.c. right now i would run with an e6300 no problem, and keep up (sweating) with a e6400. there aint nothing that would put me in the ball park with an e6600, except someone who really screws up their (e6600) build.
lighten up, intel-boy...i was kidding. go breakdance or something.
man.... i am laughing my --- off.:p

but you are right that the 7950gt is a good card.

nagasama said:
no, dario said faster. you ^^ said better.
see dario, i told you...and it didnt take very long. ha.
thirdleft, you said it too!
my "system as a whole" includes my x2. and you say it would be better...
intel fan quote "faster is better".
therefore, you are saying my rig is faster.
dude you're both wrong. at my o.c. right now i would run with an e6300 no problem, and keep up (sweating) with a e6400. there aint nothing that would put me in the ball park with an e6600, except someone who really screws up their (e6600) build.

My mistake i didn't know "might" meant would.

And my mistake for thinking games were only cpu dependent.

Back to the point werdnachi, i would say yes this computer would hold its on in fear at those specs, as my e6400 @ 2.8ghz and 7600gs @stock can do 1280x1024 at med/high and 2xAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom