Program just SHUTS OFF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4A1

Daemon Poster
I've had this problem today. I would load a program (I've tried Winamp, Steam, and now ResumeMaker).

In Winamps case: it won't load anymore.

In Steams case: it will load... it would connect and get to the screen of choosing what game you want to play, then promptly exits.

In ResumeMakers case: it will load, I can do some editing. Then when I double-click to open a new window, the whole program shutdowns.

Any ideas?

--

My laptop specs: 1GB ram, XP Pro

--

The only other programs that are running are:

1) GAIM
2) Peer Gaurdian 2
3) AVG Antivirus
4) Netgear (for wireless)
5) Firefox

Strange. I would try restoring it to yesterday or before this problem started occuring and see if you can get off that easy. I always say start with the easiest solution first before wrecking your brain to hard.

Win2kpatcher said:
Strange. I would try restoring it to yesterday or before this problem started occuring and see if you can get off that easy. I always say start with the easiest solution first before wrecking your brain to hard.

Looks like I can't even get System Restore to start now...

Alright, I reformatted my PC.

Now, I'm back on XP, however with no needed drivers installed. I popped in the HP Applications Recovery CD into my laptop, and now it won't autoplay. So, I tried to run this: D:\SWSETUP\APPINSTL\SETUP.EXE which is the setup file. Still doesn't work.

Could I be having the same problem? Hmmm..

However, I can now click on System Restore and such. So I don't know if it's the same problem. Before I reformatted, I couldn't even access the System Restore area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom