This Gaming PC meet the needs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

werdnachi

Beta member
Hey guys, I've looked through other posts and never have I come across such a supportive, friendly community. I hope ya'll don't mind another "Plz rate my rig" post, heh :) .

- E6600 Core 2 Duo 2.4ghz
- Corsair XMS2 2GB 4-4-4-12
- evGa 680i Motherboard
- Rosewill 600W PSU
- evGa/XFX 7900GT

- 19" Samsung 5ms LCD 1280x1024 native

First question, will this rig (at stock) achieve at least ~40 FPS (average) for games such as FEAR and Splinter Cell: Double Agent in 1280x1024 resolution with moderate amount of AA/AF (like, 2x/4x respectively)?

2nd question, can anyone recommend me a mid-tower case that's big enough to hold a G80 graphic card? I plan to upgrade to one in the future (like when Crysis comes out) and I don't want to be ready with a proper case that can fit on. [Budget is about 80-120$ for a case]

3rd question, is that motherboard overclocking friendly?link

Thanks everyone, and enjoy your holidays - frag much!

3.Motherboard is great for overclocking. (At least according to other forums)
2. Just look around, i mean, there shouldn't be a problem finding a case.. Just find one you like, and post it.
1. It should be able too.

Don't but that power supply... How much does it cost, I can show you one much better for the price. (Unless already purchased...)

Rosewill makes pretty high quality PSU's in my opinion. And they are a bunch cheaper than other brands, might be because they don't have the big name for producing quality PSUs yet..

680i is newest chipset out and is also supposed to be the best overclocker. I think you rig should be able to handle current dx9 games quite easily.

conisder the Dell 20 Inch Screen? the dell screens are really really nice and you'll find that they are fairly priced!

SOME people ARE having problem over clocking that 680i, but i'd risk it. they have great Customer Service and a great msg board too.

As for the PSU, read the reviews.. thats my only advice. Trust them. Just cuz its not well known, doesnt mean it isnt good. But be weary. A bad PSU could reck your system quick, fast and in a hurry.

best of luck champ. I love this community too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom