Overclocking a E6300

Status
Not open for further replies.
what that doesnt make sense mine was running prime on both cores oc'ed to 2.5ghz it got to 72degrees after about half an hour and it didnt slow down or anything(measured using coretemp), i had to slow it down again tho becuase my ram is el-cheapo

El_Roberto said:
what that doesnt make sense mine was running prime on both cores oc'ed to 2.5ghz it got to 72degrees after about half an hour and it didnt slow down or anything(measured using coretemp), i had to slow it down again tho becuase my ram is el-cheapo

well maybe it's not 70c in all BIOS and/or coretemp had a misread. Not all temp gauges support conroes yet.

Just to serve as a guideline for temperature, my not-yet-OCed E6300 idles around 32°C - 38°C and reaches 48°C - 52°C during full load.

The CPU is on stock heatsink & fan. I'm using a Sagitta case with a Thermaltake 120mm back fan (powerful and loud, heh) and the included Raidmax 120mm and 90mm fans on front and side, respectively. This case has lousy front intake hehe. My wires are also a mess.

Meithan said:
Just to serve as a guideline for temperature, my not-yet-OCed E6300 idles around 32°C - 38°C and reaches 48°C - 52°C during full load.

That's pretty much the same for my e6600 with the stock HSF.

Actually, I ran some stress tests last night and the stable temperature (after 1 hour) under full Prime95 load (8K FFT) is 60°C. It goes down only 2°C with the side panel removed, meaning the case has decent internal airflow.

The past load temp estimate I gave was based on the max temps I've seen when running games and such. It seems priming really makes the CPU sweat.

Meithan said:
Actually, I ran some stress tests last night and the stable temperature (after 1 hour) under full Prime95 load (8K FFT) is 60°C. It goes down only 2°C with the side panel removed, meaning the case has decent internal airflow.

The past load temp estimate I gave was based on the max temps I've seen when running games and such. It seems priming really makes the CPU sweat.

ive noticed the same. while playing intensive games, my cpu temp is maybe 43-45*...
running 2 instances of p95, it's more like 55-60*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom