WTF happened to my x2 3800?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
I had my x2 3800 at 3ghz (300fsb x 10 multiplier). The ram was set at 100mhz so it was ddr400. It ran stable for the past 2 days no problem. The chipset voltage was 1.60v and the cpu was 1.55v. Now the cpu wont even boot at 2.5ghz it seems. I am really confused and now people are telling me to play with the ht multiplier but its really confusing. Can someone tell me a good combo for 2.4ghz on my x2 3800 and also try to keep the memory as close to ddr400 as possible?

Just to make sure I ran in stable at stock speeds for a couple of hours and even put my amd 4000+ back in and ran it at 3ghz like I had before and it was good for a couple hours as well.

if you figure out some settings that get you to 3ghz stable, post them...cos i haven't yet...may be my abit board holding back the high cpu clock setting i need.

i think i remember gaara speaking of some issues running at 300+FSB :confused:. my best advice is to go back to the drawing board and work your way up from 2.0GHz and 1.35v. keep boosting the FSB, testing and upping vcore if necessary. use a divider to keep your memory at BELOW DDR400 to eliminate that as a cause. keep an eye on the HT multiplier so that your HT stays very close to 1000MHz. you want it near 1000MHz, not too far above in case that causes instability and not too far below in case it was the HT causing the instability (so that if it's still unstable you will see).

what cooling are you running? what have the room temperatures been like? what voltage is your memory?

as for a good setting for 2.4GHz try 1.35V Vcore, obviously 240MHz FSB and a 5:6 divider (for the moment, that will put your memory at exactly DDR400). if your X2 is as good as you said it was stock Vcore for 2.4GHz should be fine. if not just run it up to 1.4V (personally i wouldn't feel it's worth using any more than 1.4v for 2.4GHz).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom