aren't you sick of those people who ask for comfirmation of their potential pc buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanity8me

Solid State Member
cause i'm one of them... good advice for computers is hard to come by for me nowadays.. that's why i love this forum

anyways.. i'm about to order this system from zipzoomfly.com and just wanted a confirmation from you guys.. here it is:

-E6600 Conroe ($311.90)
-XFX 8800 GTS ($449.99) [-$50 rebate]
-Corsair 2GB XMS2-6400 ($259.90) [-$40.00]
-Seagate Barracuda 320GB w/16MB Buffer ($106.99)
-Enermax ELT500AWT Liberty 500W ($107.99)
-LG GDR-8164BK 16X IDE DVD-ROM ($24.99)
-LiteOn LH-18A1P 18x Dual Layer DVD±RW ($37.99)
-Asus P5B-E P965 ($156.99)

-Antec Super Lanboy ($50, never used, from a friend)

total: $1506.74 ($1416.74 after rebates)

what do you guys think? any "don't get this"-s " or "get this over that"-s?

lol, i came into this thread getting ready to post a big fat "STOP HATIN'" then i read your post. Looks like a great build, but i think it could use some more juice. 500w doesn't get you very far with most high end builds now. I would go with this PSU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817182037
It's 600w with 2 12v rails each with 19amps. That should do pretty well with that build, although there are people who probably know more about power supplies than i do. If you don't want one that lights up i'll find one of those too.

spartan1121 said:
lol, i came into this thread getting ready to post a big fat "STOP HATIN'" then i read your post. Looks like a great build, but i think it could use some more juice. 500w doesn't get you very far with most high end builds now. I would go with this PSU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817182037
It's 600w with 2 12v rails each with 19amps. That should do pretty well with that build, although there are people who probably know more about power supplies than i do. If you don't want one that lights up i'll find one of those too.

i was told that it would be more than sufficient amount of power.. but my main concerns are "quietness" and "quality" and i heard that the enermax liberty is great in both.. but if you or anyone has better and cheaper recommendations i'm more than willing to check it out..

also, zipzoomfly.com doesnt charge me tax or shipping (im from nj) so i'd prefer buying all my stuff from them

I dont know, you guys should read the post about pc power consumption. I think 500w would be plenty AS LONG AS it meets the 12v amperage requirements for your video card.

i think im gona go with the 550w antec trio that was recommended..

some other issues im having:

-680i vs P5B-E

-evga vs xfx 8800 gts

-will i get all the proper cables and wires or will i have to buy some extra ones..

-not sure im getting the best dvdrw and dvd/cdrw drives...

-where to get an xp pro without paying...

*whether or not i should wait till after christmas for lower prices... but seriously... i doubt it'll make that big of a difference... im goin to italy tomorrow for a week so i want to order all the parts now so then when i get back i can quickly build it and enjoy the rest of my winter break (engineering major is kicking my ***)

sanity8me said:
i think im gona go with the 550w antec trio that was recommended..

some other issues im having:

-680i vs P5B-E

-evga vs xfx 8800 gts

-will i get all the proper cables and wires or will i have to buy some extra ones..

-not sure im getting the best dvdrw and dvd/cdrw drives...

-where to get an xp pro without paying...

*whether or not i should wait till after christmas for lower prices... but seriously... i doubt it'll make that big of a difference... im goin to italy tomorrow for a week so i want to order all the parts now so then when i get back i can quickly build it and enjoy the rest of my winter break (engineering major is kicking my ***)

evga and xfx are both awesome companies.. but me, i love xfx, and their customer support has been a breeze and really easy and they actually get to you... and they have DOUBLE life-time warranty... which makes no sense.. and you get a headset.. so you can talk all the crap you want while playing a game... and even if you suck.. you can say.. HEY I HAVE AN 8800GT.. AND YOU DON'T.. SO GET OFF MY NUTS..... LOL...

NosBoost300 said:
evga and xfx are both awesome companies.. but me, i love xfx, and their customer support has been a breeze and really easy and they actually get to you... and they have DOUBLE life-time warranty... which makes no sense.. and you get a headset.. so you can talk all the crap you want while playing a game... and even if you suck.. you can say.. HEY I HAVE AN 8800GT.. AND YOU DON'T.. SO GET OFF MY NUTS..... LOL...

lol.. that's why i DONT want to get it.. but i guess it's worth a try... anyhow, i'm already 1hr and 30min late for the rebate since it expired 12/22/06 and i dont see any new one yet..

so i guess maybe i should i just go with the evga 8800 gts instead?

btw, would it be worth it to buy an xp pro just so i can get that free upgrade to vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom