Liquid Cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
guitarplyrstevo said:
I know what you guys mean, but I simply just wont settle for stock fans. I am going to be running professional recording software which really makes the computer work and I do not want to risk anything if I'm going to be putting a lot of money in the computer.

By the way, I am going to be building this computer for a long period of time (3-5 months) so it wont take a huge toll on my money all at once. I will be buying a couple parts a month, so I wont see one to two grand gone just like that.

Keep in mind that I want this computer to last as long as it can before things become too outdated.
It's not as if stock cooling will ruin your parts if you are using your parts extensively. Stock coolers can handle 100% stress of your parts. However, if you want to overclock, or if you have a poor airflow in your case, better coolers will keep temperatures lower and increase the lifespan of your hardware (or rather, makes it decrease slower). You want it to settle as long as possible before it gets outdated - your parts will become outdated ten times quicker than they will break when moderately overclocking.

Water cooling is never a requirement, unless you want to push your parts to the extreme max, but those maxes can often be reached by buying higher end parts. It is mainly for noise (as said in this thread) and looking cool. An expensive set should cool better, but the difference between 25 and 30 degrees on a CPU is fairly negligable.

A peltier is a small metal plate that gets really hot on one side and really cold on the other side. You place the cold side on the processor and you water cool the hot side as to not burn up the unit.

Water cooling is the same as liquid cooling. Never put plain water in the system, always some type of coolant.

Keeping your CPU below room tempature can cause condensation (which is bad). Neoprene is used to pad the areas around they CPU to absorb any moisture.

Finally no, im not kidding. Think about it, if you are using a WB to reservoir to pump to radiator system youre water cooling your CPU but you are still air cooling the coolant.

Nikkon said:
A peltier is a small metal plate that gets really hot on one side and really cold on the other side. You place the cold side on the processor and you water cool the hot side as to not burn up the unit.

Water cooling is the same as liquid cooling. Never put plain water in the system, always some type of coolant.

Keeping your CPU below room tempature can cause condensation (which is bad). Neoprene is used to pad the areas around they CPU to absorb any moisture.

Finally no, im not kidding. Think about it, if you are using a WB to reservoir to pump to radiator system youre water cooling your CPU but you are still air cooling the coolant.

yea that makes sence. I just really hate how that huge bulky fan above the CPU looks like when you look through the case. It draws all your attention to it rather than all the finer products in the computer. (I dont know if all that made sence, im still a little blazed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom