my 7900GS

Status
Not open for further replies.
bobojuice said:
Is there a better tool to use for oc'ing? im just using the atitool atm but if theres something else i could give it a try.

and back to my other question, do you not have to use the first two core sliders?

first 2 sliders are 2d, dont need accelerated 2d gfx

second 2 are low perf. 3d, dont need that

3rd set is high perf 3d (i.e. games) and thats what u want to oc

same thing in rivatuner, 3 sets of oc options, cept theirs is a drop down box where u choose which u want to modify instead of 3 sets side by side

cwiz said:
first 2 sliders are 2d, dont need accelerated 2d gfx

second 2 are low perf. 3d, dont need that

3rd set is high perf 3d (i.e. games) and thats what u want to oc

same thing in rivatuner, 3 sets of oc options, cept theirs is a drop down box where u choose which u want to modify instead of 3 sets side by side

That's what i figured, thanks for clearin it up.

614822zm9.jpg

I'm gonna try and up the ddr freq and see what i can get. Any reason you guys think im not able to get as high of a ram freq as yous guys?

:edit: Oh, and i'm running at 65° load and 47° idle.

nitestick said:
artifactscan3001fy8.jpg

there you go :D 5+ hours of 605/850. i still haven't tried with the pedestal fan blowing on the card yet. i doubt i can get higher without cooling though and probably a volt mod very soon. 610 i think will probably artifactfrom lack of voltage. where are all the XFX nay-sayers now? ;)

i'm an xfx lover and support you!!! my xfx 7900gt was a champ as well.... and my xfx 8800gtx will also be a champ!!!! MUAWAHAHAHAHA

nitestick said:
yeah, i think XFX have always copped a bum-rap. i've had great history with them including my 6600GT, 7900GS and another two 7900GTs. the once in a while D.O.A has given them a bad name. i find XFX cards tend to be beasty little overclockers especially the memory. they use nice chips :D

ya... i have no idea where these rumors came from either... when i first joined the forums people would bash them.... but i don't see their flaw...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom