ATX or mATX PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

crober33

Beta member
Well basically im very confused.

http://www.packardbell.co.uk/produc...4331901-46.html

i bought that pc for xmas, i also bought a xfx geforce8800gts. I went to install it all today to find out that my PSU had no PCI-E connector. So i thougt cool just need to go and buy a new PSU and all is good BUT one of my friends said that it could be a mATX then i wld struggle to get a 400w + PSU which is what is needed for the 8800gts. Could someone please help me sort out my PSU im very confused :S

Thanks

current PSU - fsp250-60hen

cant find anything about it :(

It depends what Case you have. If you have a Micro Atx Case then you need a Matx PSU, if its an ATX Case then you need an ATX Psu.
You don't want to buy exactly the minimum Requirements.

If you must look for a 450 watt fortron. But you should go 500 Watts to allow expanding room. And a Good brand name to.
Antec
HIper
Enermax
Fortron
Silverstone
eTagan

It should say on the the Booklet for the Motherboard or Case what type it is.

And matx should go over 400 Watts, but there isn't a wide selection of Matx.

Thats the problem i cant find out any information about the motherboard, so i have no idea what it is :(

got the pc in pc-worlds clearance and it didnt come with any information.

edit: the motherboard is around 9-10" by 9-10"
the case 15" by 15"

just noticed this - rails +3.3v +5v +12v1 +5vsb -12v +12v2

wld that in anyway tell u if its a ATX PSU?

It doesn't Matter, you still need to buy a new Power supply. Like I said, the case appears to be ATX and the Mobo mATX. The Case type determines the Power supply to fit it.

Now, go show around for a 450 to 500 Watt ATX Power supply of the following Brands.
Fortron
Hiper
Enermax
Hiper
Seasonic
SilverStone
eTagan

Since, I don't know where you shop, Ill let you look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom