DVD/CD Burner not burning. Communication failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudiroth666

Solid State Member
My Lite-on SOHW-1673S will not burn cds or movies. It'll get so far into the burning process then it'll stop with a communication failure, giving me lots of dvd/cd coasters. I updated the firmware/drivers on it & still nothing. It will play dvds & cds with ease, it's just burning where the problem is. I've tried closing all unnessesary programs, tried turning the max writing speed down..tried uninstalling & reinstalling the drive, that didn't work. I'm using Nero & DVD Shrink, but it also will not burn when I try to burn it using Windows Media Player either, so I'm guessing the problem isn't in the Nero software. I've had the drive for probably 2 years now & have burned literally 400+ cds/dvds, so could its time just have run out??

Any help? Thanks in advance!

That happend to me once. It turns out that the laser to write is faulty. I took mine back to get another and it works like a dream ;)

gmanych said:
That happend to me once. It turns out that the laser to write is faulty. I took mine back to get another and it works like a dream ;)

Yes, I'm thinking the writer's just crapped out..I tried turning on the IMAPI & that didn't work. Guess it's time for a new writer!

Update...so my MOBO's bios was out-of-date...updated it & it burns fine now. Just for future information...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom