LOTS of problems after installing video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffK91

In Runtime
Well, I just recieved my second 7800gt to go along with my other for SLI and I've had nothing but trouble since putting it in. For one thing, after putting in the card, I couldn't turn on the computer! I didn't mess with anything BUT I do remember accidently taking a cable out when trying to fit the PCI-E 6 pin connector to my video card. It couldn't have been the power supply so I booted up the computer manually with the manual power up button on the mobo.

So I power it up and just a few moments later, I get an error saying "Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter". Now when I try to open both my CD drives, neither of them open! The light turns on and it makes this weird "buggy" noise and it just won't open. I have no idea what the problem is and why this is happening. Could it be the graphics card I just added in? I doubt it though as how could it cause so many different problems?

Well I'm real stuck here and could use some help. Thank you all in advance.

1. You could have disconnected some cables to IDE drives (cd/dvd)
2. Is the card you SLId the same brand and has the same ammount of RAM as your other card?
3. Could be either an overclock problem (did you OC your old card before putting the new one in?) or a RAM problem (is the RAM on the 2 cards running at the same intervals?)
4. Are you sure everything properly connected?
5. Sometimes Windows detects some minor/major changes with changing of hardware in your PC. You may want to check that your windows copy is still valid.
6. Up to date drivers and SLI support?
7. Enough cooling?
8. Power being shared properly, enough for rest of system?
9. Any other software that may be disrupting your SLI?
10. Virus?

just a checklist...

1. You could have disconnected some cables to IDE drives (cd/dvd)
2. Is the card you SLId the same brand and has the same ammount of RAM as your other card?
3. Could be either an overclock problem (did you OC your old card before putting the new one in?) or a RAM problem (is the RAM on the 2 cards running at the same intervals?)
4. Are you sure everything properly connected?
5. Sometimes Windows detects some minor/major changes with changing of hardware in your PC. You may want to check that your windows copy is still valid.
6. Up to date drivers and SLI support?
7. Enough cooling?
8. Power being shared properly, enough for rest of system?
9. Any other software that may be disrupting your SLI?
10. Virus?

1. I unplugged and replugged all the cables to the IDE drives
2. Yes
3. Never OC'd before
4. I made sure everything is connected but the one cable I unplugged, I'm not sure if I put it back in the right place
5. Hmm ...maybe this is the problem but it is hard to believe Windows would be the problem with my computer booting up. Yes, I have an ungenuine Windows because people at a PC shop replaced mine for their illegal copy.
6. Yes, I made sure the SLI NF4 was set to SLI, connected the SLI bridge, and both cards are securely put in the right place.
7. Should be enough cooling.
8. Antec 550w psu ...should be good enough to distribute power throughout whole system and I tried booting with and without the 2nd card so that can't be a problem.
9. Don't think so.
10. Doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom