In Runtime
Case: Antec Nine Hundred Mid-ATX Case
PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700W SLI
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
HDD: 1x WD Raptor 36.7GB/ 2x WD Caviar SE16 500GB SATA's
RAM: 2x 1GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC8000 DDR2
Vid: eVGA 8800GTS 640MB DDRAM
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo Conroe e6300 @ 1.86GHz

For cooler on CPU, I want a big farkin Zalman, but which model? I was looking at the CNPS7700, 120mm fan, copper style...I currently use Thermaltake on all my towers, but I want a bigass Zalman for my latest beast.

This tower is primarily setup to be a massive storage PC for movie storage/editing/viewing/burning all in one. So I can now now have to continuously delete files after downloading them off torrents hehe. She's going to hookup to a LAN and also communicate over to another tower, this one I'm on now with XP, which will have all my HD's in it in a massive storage setup as well to hold media galore =) About 6-8 IDE HD's of just random amounts from 40GB-250GB lol...all free storage space...mmm

I'll leave the video games to the consoles. Got a Wii and 360 for Xmas coming up here shortly. W00t!

Sounds good?

I love my zalman 9500. Its looks really nice in my case and it keeps my e6600 at 40*C (idle) to 50*C (load) on a 3.6ghz oc. Make sure you get some as5 with it, and enjoy overclocking that beast ;).

Ohhh im still waiting for my as5 to cure so those temps will prob go down some more. 3.8ghz here i come :p

If you really want Zalman, get the 9500 or the 9700. But in my case the Scythe Ninja made my cpu and motherboard about 5-10 degrees cooler than the CNPS9500... It's not the prettiest thing on the block but it is the most efficient (if you mount a fan on it).

Then again the Zalman looks cooler, has an integrated fan and optionally comes with a LED. Scythe Ninja is slightly cheaper, can come with a fan as well, but weighs a lot and looks like a cd rack.

The Nine Hundred case by Antec moves so much air I doubt it will make a huge difference in a Scythe over a Zalman either way. I'll look into those Zalma's you guys mentioned, thanks a lot! I like the integrated fan design and the LED too, course an LED isn't that important anyways.

I'll look into the Scythe thing also, I saw some of them listed, but never used them before and have always only used Thermaltake Silent series stuff. Thanks so far guys!

Any comments on my choice of building materials for the PC? Anything I SHOULD go with over something else? Or I could lean out on and upgrade something better?

the scythe ninja is one of the best performing hsf's out there, but the zalman 9500 is the best looking imo... if you really want a good looking board, get the zalman, if cooling is your primary concern, get the ninja http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835185038
note: the ninja has 6 more heat pipes (2x as many) than the 9500..thats y it cools better, not cuz of how much air is moved.

Well I didn't really plan on OC'ingthe 6300 even though I could a ton I know...maybe I'll get into some OC'ing this year coming up and see how I like playing with it. I may as well get the Ninja then hmm...not much more pricey. What model ninja?

The Tuniq Tower looks a lot bigger than the Scythe Ninja to me, and in benchmarks the Ninja leaves any other hsf including the TT behind it. As for what model ninja, the ninja is the model, Scythe have a newer heatsink out there called Infinity but it apparently doesn't cool as well.

Oh and your computer parts look fine otherwise, maybe get a PSU with less wattage because you won't need 700W unless you're going to be running quad core, sli, 5+ harddrives, etc lol. Maybe a Seasonic S12 600W Fortron 500W or OCZ PowerStream 520W.

Yeah I was thinking 700W may be overkill, plus I'm getting a board without SLI style, because 1 8800GTS should be just fine and dandy hehe.

I may go to an antec truepower or something like a 520W yeah. Maybe 600W just in case I want to add more stuff later to power on. I'll be running a CD/DVD player, CD/DVD burner, 3 HDD's and the video card roughly.

I'll check that Ninja out then. Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom