XP on my comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubba0315

In Runtime
I am currently running 98, and am looking to upgrade my OS. I was thinking of 2000 or XP. I mostly use my comp for gaming, if that makes a difference. BUT... I am going to be building a comp this summer, so should I just wait, and stick with 98 for a little bit? This way I don't have to register two computers. Does an XP cd work for two systems? I have heard that it does, but it's not strictly legal. So idk for sure.

Help would be appreciated.

I wouldn't advice you to upgrade. A clean install is always better because bugs from 98 can come to XP. XP cannot activate on two computers (on the legal way:D). I suppose you play games which are compatible with XP... So maybe it is better to stick with 98 for some time.

I would use win2k simply because all windows xp is windows 2k with a pretty task bar, which I change back to classic anyways. Besides, Win2k isn't such a hassle to reinstall or move to a new pc.

I can't understand however, why they put such a big price on 2k and XP, when they're encouraging users to use windows instead of linux.

I have xp because it was installed on my pc when I bought it, but I would never pay the asked $180 price tag.

Well I have access to Linux, XP, 2k, and ME (maybe not strictly legal, but ya). I would never do something illegal like use somebody elses OS disk ;). So I should put up with 98 as long as possible, or until I build my other comp, and get a new OS?

And all my games are compatible with XP (I think, they should be, cuz my buddy has mostly the same ones, and he uses xp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom