Zune Software now available for Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. USB mass storage compliance. What I mean by this is that I put the files on, and it works, I don't want to be tied to some Windows box with some crappy software to do it for me, and DRM it up in the process. 2. Remove any HINT of DRM, enable people to share music permenantly over the wireless. 3. FM transmitter built in. TRANSMITTER, I don't listen to the radio, but I sure as **** would like to listen to IT on the radio without some god-awful attachment. Nueros did it, I see no reason why Apple or Microsoft can't do it. 4. Change that ugly **** brown color to something more respectable, or at least release a yellow version to complete the set. 5. Turn it sideways, so it's a wide screen instead of a tall screen, and I don't just mean for videos, I want a sideways menu. 6. Reduce the price by $50 for the 30GB version. 7. Create a 100GB version, to 1up the iPod. Charge $350 for that one, because thats what the iPod 80GB costs.

Okay lets see here.
1. There is a way to do this. It takes a couple of REg tweaks but it can be done. Not as easy as iPods but still attainable.
2. FairUse4WM Gee there is your DRM removal.
3. The Zune does have a FM Transmitter. I dont know where you heard that they dont.
4. They have a Brown, Black and White version available.
5. You can use it sideways for some things. Like Videos. I have seen it at Target on display being used that way so it can be done.
6. When iPod gets their price reduced for a lesser product then i can see M$ dropping their price.
7. Why charge the same as a 80GB for 100GB? Where would you make $$? That isnt a good business practice.

Sorry but as i have said we cant keep them in stock here. Everyone has bought them. So maybe where you are no one uses them but around here everyone has already started teh switch from the iPod to the Zune. Just cause you have a general dislike of the Zune does NOT mean the rest of the world's population does as well.

snypercore said:
IMO i own a Ipod nano 1st gen and i have also owned an i pod mini 1stgen (both gifts) and id never BUY a mp3 player with a HDD they jsut dont last, flash memory is better so :p

1. IPOD's suck. (pardon my language mods)

2. IPOD's use a hard drive, that's why you have to disconnect them when you're done with uploading songs.

3. My Creative Zen doesn't need to be ejected, because it's actually made properly. Unlike IPOD.

general just STFU, he is just providing usefull information. I have noticed that lately all you do in your posts in act like a a*$.

"if you dont have anything nice to say, then DON'T say anything at all!!!"

You sure could use that advice.

Makaveli213 said:
Okay lets see here.
1. There is a way to do this. It takes a couple of REg tweaks but it can be done. Not as easy as iPods but still attainable.
2. FairUse4WM Gee there is your DRM removal.
3. The Zune does have a FM Transmitter. I dont know where you heard that they dont.
4. They have a Brown, Black and White version available.
5. You can use it sideways for some things. Like Videos. I have seen it at Target on display being used that way so it can be done.
6. When iPod gets their price reduced for a lesser product then i can see M$ dropping their price.
7. Why charge the same as a 80GB for 100GB? Where would you make $$? That isnt a good business practice.

Sorry but as i have said we cant keep them in stock here. Everyone has bought them. So maybe where you are no one uses them but around here everyone has already started teh switch from the iPod to the Zune. Just cause you have a general dislike of the Zune does NOT mean the rest of the world's population does as well.

1. No, I want to copy the music to the drive and have it sort it out (ID3 tags and such). No Zune software needed, no nothing, just an OS that supports external harddrives. So I don't see how a registry tweak for Windows will help my situation.
2. Cool
3. It has an FM TUNER, I want a TRANSMITTER so I can TRANSMIT it to my car stereo.
4. Cool
5. Yeah, it'd just be better for me if the menu were sideways too, no big deal though.
6. Meh
7. No, charge the same price for an 80GB iPod for a 100GB Zune.

Perhaps people in Bakersfield are just losers or something, but they aren't selling AT ALL here (yes, it's a figure of speech, by AT ALL I mean "not very well") but perhaps people everywhere else like them.

talldude123 said:
1. IPOD's suck. (pardon my language mods)

2. IPOD's use a hard drive, that's why you have to disconnect them when you're done with uploading songs.

3. My Creative Zen doesn't need to be ejected, because it's actually made properly. Unlike IPOD.

1. Cool, that would explain why so many people have them, kind of like how so many people use Windows. :p But yeah, you might not like them, but to say they are poor quality is just flame bait. :rolleyes:

2. So the Zune and Creative Zen don't use harddrives? Crazy! I didn't know they were solid state! :rolleyes:

3. All of these MP3 players that don't use flash memory use harddrives, and they all use USB mass storage protocol. The "ejection" is to insure that the filesystem doesn't become corrupt, or half a file gets copied. The only reason you don't need to manually eject it is because your software probably does it automatically for you. iTunes does the same thing, so I really don't know where you're going with this.

General i am not saying that people there are losers. I am just saying that people here are buying them just as much as the iPod. New Fad i guess.

The Transmitter...well that isnt even on iPods so i cant argue. I have a HDD in my car stereo that i remove to put MP3's on. It cost a pretty penny but i like it much more than trying to use a MP3 player.

It is all just a matter of opinions. I have seen the Zune in action and i was very impressed. It is big and bulky and i think that is the biggest fault of it. Other than that it is very well comparable to the iPod video. But like i said it is all a matter of opinion. Not everyone likes the same thing so while i may like the Zune you wont. That is just the way the world turns.

Hey i am not flaming. I am just pointing out some facts. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom