RAM Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzuf

Beta member
Usually when I am in game on Counter-Strike 1.6 i would get lines that looked like static go across my screen. They didnt move and my sound stopped working, like my computer crashed, i'd have to restart it.
Today it did it and then a few seconds later a blue screen came up with a lot of text and near the bottom i caught the line "dumping physical memory" or something along those lines, then my computer restarted. I didnt get to copy the error message up top, next time it does this I am going to write it down.
I also disable auto restart. I would appreciate any help.
zzuf

I doubt your RAM is at fault but Memtest is still a good idea. Sounds to me like a driver problem.

I'm running a prime95 torture test, and I'm not to sure how to do all of that memtest stuff :(

superdave1984 said:
I doubt your RAM is at fault but Memtest is still a good idea. Sounds to me like a driver problem.

sounds like a video driver problem.

make sure they are all updated.

Zzuf, google "Memtest98" without the quotes. Download and install and run MemTest98, it is not a big file, but that is what they mean when they say "run memtest", it checks your RAM and displays it's timing(s), and other things. Let it run overnight is what I have heard, maybe so you don't use the computer while it's running.

Could it all have anything to do with a defective Hard Drive?? It's not his video card, and if nothing is overheating then what else causes this besides corrupt/out of date drivers?

try updating ALL of your drivers.

Did you remove and reseat your video card? I had a problem where my old ati card got chip creep and slid a bit out of the socket and caused me to get some wicked crazy visuals.

That artifacting indicates your Video card is taking a gorilla dump!! Lower the resolution and bit rate (16 bit) and see if it runs ok. I think, my friend, you are in need of an upgrade! 7950gt 512mb PCIe card for $275!!! Yea baby!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom