help on computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReaper

Solid State Member
I need help.. i asked my friend for what i should buy, and he gave me this list. do any of you know if its good and if they are compatible together? idk anything about comps so id really appreciate it.

my current comp is 10 years old and is horrible >.>
the new one will be for gamming and some graphics, mostly photoshop. and everything in this list is everything/all i know what to buy. am i missing anything for a comp or do i need to add anything?

Mother Board
$239.99
Processor
$309.00
PC Case
$89.99
Ram Memory
$245.99
Hard Drive
$119.99
dvd drive
$29.99
Graphics Card
$164.99

Not too bad. Top-o-the-line mobo and CPU, decent case but dodgy PSU, good RAM, hard drive, and DVD... but why a GFX card that's several generations old???

If you like the case, buy a different PSU to go in it, or just choose a case w/o a PSU and get a PSU. Go with Antec, Fortron, Hiper.

As for a decent graphics card, check out the BFG Tech BFGR79256GSOCE GeForce 7900GS. It's $189.99, but has a $30 MIR (so it's actually cheaper than the card you linked to), and comes overclocked. BFG also has a lifetime warranty on their cards.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814127209

but other then that everything will work good together? and also i heard overclocking can cause the comp 2 get hot. would the standard cooling fan cover that?
-edit- and also the link you have is the same 1 i have.

my friend siad with this build i shouldnt be overclocking. so without that would i still be needing the new cooling and supply unit and the card?

my friend siad with this build i shouldnt be overclocking. so without that would i still be needing the new cooling and supply unit and the card?
The Zalman is much quieter than the stock cooler. And you just might decide to OC later on... sort of a macho power thang. ;)

As for the card, I would definitely go with the 7900GS. it will give you killer performance, and will help you be a bit better "future-proofed".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom