Zune Software now available for Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slashdot | Zune Sales Continue to Weaken
BetaNews | Zune Sales Lagging Behind iPod, Others
Slashdot | Opening Zune Sales Flaccid

I know people who work at Circuit City, Best Buy, CompUSA, Fry's and Wal-Mart who say no one buys them. Circuit City got 250 in 2 months ago, they still have 225 and can't get rid of them. Best Buy has sold a total of 67 units since it's release. No one wants them.

Anyone who thinks the Zune will dominate is an idiot; as soon as the new iPod is released, everyone will forget about the Zune and MS will stop making them and except defeat. By then, your precious Zune software will be discontinued, and you'll continue having you use the DRM infestation that is Windows Media Player 11.

I don't even use iTunes, but I know it's better than the Zune software.

The General said:
Slashdot | Zune Sales Continue to Weaken
BetaNews | Zune Sales Lagging Behind iPod, Others
Slashdot | Opening Zune Sales Flaccid

I know people who work at Circuit City, Best Buy, CompUSA, Fry's and Wal-Mart who say no one buys them. Circuit City got 250 in 2 months ago, they still have 225 and can't get rid of them. Best Buy has sold a total of 67 units since it's release. No one wants them.

Anyone who thinks the Zune will dominate is an idiot; as soon as the new iPod is released, everyone will forget about the Zune and MS will stop making them and except defeat. By then, your precious Zune software will be discontinued, and you'll continue having you use the DRM infestation that is Windows Media Player 11.

I don't even use iTunes, but I know it's better than the Zune software.

For someone to say no one buys them is an idiot, plain and simple.

Ofcourse Zune will not dominate right now, it just came out. Even if they sold every Zune that they could make Zune still wouldnt be on top because iPod has been out for so long, just like Firefox and IE. FF isnt taking over IE, but is slowly creeping up the market share just as the Zune is.

Everyone will not forget about the Zune when the new ipod will release. Not everyone likes the ipod, some people have different tastes than other. And it will not be discontinued, where did you get those facts from?

How can you say you KNOW its better than Zune software if you dont use either product?????

Millions of Ipods have been sold and some people who have an Ipod make wan the zune now but I sure most of them dont want to just go out and buy the zune when they already have an MP3 player. To give both companies a fair shot and a real view of who likes which product better, MS and IPod needed to come out with both of these products at the same time. They needed to have no other MP3 players of their own on the market then we could see a real war but right now its not going to happen.

About the DRM??? Apple also has restrictions so I dont want to hear it. Read below

A method to bypass the Zune's WiFi sharing DRM is finally here.

First, you need to enable hard drive mode using the instructions we posted before. Then, rename whatever files—MP3s, movies, programs—to have the extension ".jpg" in order to fool the Zune into thinking it's an image. This hack works because Zune doesn't apply DRM to images!

Then what?

Now, take your Zune and send the folder containing these files to your buddy along with a real photo. If you only send a fake photo, an error is thrown. The last step is to have your friend sync the Zune with their computer, open the "containing folder" where the files were downloaded, and rename the files back to their correct extension.

http://fanpotai.wordpress.com/2006/11/26/how-to-bypass-zunes-drm/

Here is a daily update of the MP3 wars statistics. As you can see Ipod is winning and will more than likely continue to win for a long time. Give MS sometime and then they will come out with more version of the Ipod and so forth.

http://www.eproductwars.com/mp3/

So how is the Zune, Microsoft's MP3 player, doing so far?

The Zune debuted just before the frenzied holiday shopping season, and so far, it's ranked No. 2 behind rival Apple's iPod, according to statistics released by the NPD Group today.

The Zune has supplanted SanDisk's Sansa for the distant No. 2 spot, claiming nine percent of unit sales and 13 percent of the total dollar share during its first week on store shelves. (Note: The dollar share is higher because the Zune sells for $250 each, compared with other MP3 players, which sell for less).

The iPod remains No. 1 with 63 percent of unit sales and 72.5 percent of the dollar share.

So with all this being said there shouldnt be any thing else to discuss about these two because it isnt a true war, just like the browsers. They both have theirs ups and downs, not everyone likes the ipod and not everyone likes the zune.

iTunes has DRM, but only on what you buy from the store, which no one should do.

I shouldn't have to use a hack to use wifi like it should be use.

That, and who has a Zune? No one, so who would I be sharing music with that I couldn't just send over the internet?

Why do you keep saying no one? So no one has ever bought a Zune??

the one hack was just one of the things you can do to crack DRM

Is English your second language? No one doesn't mean literally 0 people have bought Zunes... You seem to know enough English to be able to understand this concept... :rolleyes:

Do you have a Zune, do you know anyone who has a Zune?

I don't even know anyone who knows what a Zune is, I always have to explain to them that it's this years "iPod-killer that didn't" and they respond "Oh, why not just get an iPod?"

This is what no one means. By the way you are refering your post, it sounds like you are saying not one person is buying a Zune even thou all those stores you listed have sold some. I do know 3 people that have them, my brother, Gary from work and my Ex GF. They like it a lot and it holds a lot more than the Ipod

No one
- nobody: no person at all

no one (pron)
not one person, not a single person, nobody, not a soul

Cool, you can get literal meanings of words and post them, that makes you cool, and it also proves that the Zune has more than 1% market share, and the the iPod doesn't have more than 60% market share.

2339e78de6e538a883de794ad171971d.gif

Now, here's how to make the Zune sell:

1. USB mass storage compliance. What I mean by this is that I put the files on, and it works, I don't want to be tied to some Windows box with some crappy software to do it for me, and DRM it up in the process.

2. Remove any HINT of DRM, enable people to share music permenantly over the wireless.

3. FM transmitter built in. TRANSMITTER, I don't listen to the radio, but I sure as **** would like to listen to IT on the radio without some god-awful attachment. Nueros did it, I see no reason why Apple or Microsoft can't do it.

4. Change that ugly **** brown color to something more respectable, or at least release a yellow version to complete the set.

5. Turn it sideways, so it's a wide screen instead of a tall screen, and I don't just mean for videos, I want a sideways menu.

6. Reduce the price by $50 for the 30GB version.

7. Create a 100GB version, to 1up the iPod. Charge $350 for that one, because thats what the iPod 80GB costs.

If they did this, I'd buy it in a heart beat. But instead, they are too worried about piracy and restricting people to increase their profits, but they don't realize that people don't like being restricted and won't buy their stupid DRM'd product.

So after arguing, where does this get either one of us? What point does it prove? Does anyone care?

IMO i own a Ipod nano 1st gen and i have also owned an i pod mini 1stgen (both gifts) and id never BUY a mp3 player with a HDD they jsut dont last, flash memory is better so :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom