AMD vs INTEL Dual Cores...

Status
Not open for further replies.
no no... I meant generic case with a seperately bought PSU.

I'm think about the Thermaltake TR2 500W PSU (W0093) or the Antec TruePower Trio TP3-430 430Watt PS...

Go with the Truepower Trio for the PSU.

Where are you buying that stuff from? Because I might recommend some alternatives to the motherboard and memory.

Truepower trio sounds good... could I go with the 430W version or do I need 550?

I get it from a-power (www.a-power.com) cuz I've got the last... 6+ systems from them and I get a sweet deal. I'd like to hear your suggestion but please keep it to my budget. Thanks!

The 430W version will be fine.

I checked out the website, and while it looks nice, the prices did seem higher than normal for some parts. As long as you live in the US, it is pretty much unanimous that www.Newegg.com is the leader for online computer hardware retailers. For example, here is your E6400 at Newegg. Don't worry about reliability, Newegg is by far the best. Some hardware reviewers consider that if Newegg does not have a product in stock, then it has not been released yet. :classic:

You already have a good list of parts, so you should try to find them on Newegg. Just two changes I wanted to suggest;

Try this motherboard. ASUS P5B-E. - $151.

And this memory. G.Skill 2 x 1GB DDR2-800 4-4-4-12. - $225.

Just by the way all of those are Canadian prices, and you can take another... 10 or 20 % off of that too and that'll be how much I'm paying.

Thanks for those parts, they look pretty... I will take a closer look when i get a chance. Thanks alot for all ur help!

That same ASUS board at the store I go to is $189.00 CDN ($50 more than the other one which is OK) which is about the same as Newegg and plus I get discounted on top of that at a-power.

The RAM you suggested is however not available at A-Power, but is about the same price as the one I wanted and if you think it would be better then I wouldn't mind ordering it online... or getting it shipped in to the store I go to.

I think this is taking my system a little over budget but I'm going to look into it and I'll be back here when I've figured it all out, thanks again.

Alright guys, so taking into consideration all of your suggestions... this is what my new system looks like:

CORE 2 DUO E6400 2.13GHz 2MB 1066MHz LGA775 #1473
ASUS P5B-E S775 INTL P965 ATX3PCI/3PCI-E/1PCI-E 16X, 4 DDR2 #2747
G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
ATI Rad. X1900GT 256MB PCI-E w/DVI-I Sapphire #2503
WD WD2500KS 250GB 16MB SATA II #709
17" (2750) Silver ATX w/NO PS #276
Antec TruePower Trio TP3-550 550Watt PS #2025

Looks good??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom