win2000 or XP for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
XP...by far XP. Moreover, XP Pro!! With XP, you can set it to have the '2000 Look' which is what i have, that is if you are annoyed by XP's Eye Candy. :)

Most game developers make the games compatible with both OS so it really doesn't make a big difference. It is really up to you.

Been running W2K (SP4) for about 3 years now, haven't had a problem running any games yet. There is a lot of talk about how W2K isn't meant for gaming but i was surprised to see how many games I could play on it w/ no problems. I don't use XP but i hear from many users that they are generally very pleased with it. If you run a lot of older games, XP might be better -- i hear there is a 16-bit emulation mode you can use (within XP) to make the game run smoother.

with xp, u can choose to run in a different os compatability mode, like make the game think its running on 98 or 2000 or whatever the choices are, i dont use i just kno its there

edit: so i started thinking about it so i went and looked the choices to run an exe program include: win 95, win98/me, win nt 4.0 sp5, and win 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom