Comptia A+ essentials test

Status
Not open for further replies.

24giovanni

Banned
I am just curious if anyone has taken the 220-601 test yet? Please let me know.. I would greatly appreciate it.

TIA

Havent taken it yet but I study it all the **** time bu never go to take the actual test, not that many areas around me to take it anymore

A+ is a cake walk.
the main thing is that they expect you to know all the different hardware information for the last 10 years(bus's interfaces, CPU differences and specs, ram specs and differences. pinout all of that). Also, the software side, is all about knowing how to fix common problems on windows 98 -xp and linux and Mac. You have to understand all of them, as the test is designed for a generalist. someone who can do it all without needing help.

Inaris, I assume you took the test recently? Within the past month or 2? Could you please let me know if this is true. I would appreciate it.

I study it all the time as well just to see what new material the newer tests have. Having this cert simply does not benefit me for the line of work I do so I do not take the test. Network administration varies quite a bit from a straight up PC technician..I mean yes we do that as well as we support all things I.T. but its not the majority.

I may breakdown and do it though since I can get any test paid for through my company. Did they get away from all the retarded questions that you would never use in everyday situations?

Took my intial tests 4 years ago. I retake the tests every two years, and just did the last one 3 months ago.

Inaris, I assume you took the new test then 220-601? I just found out I can take new or old test until June 2007. Which one is easier and which do you recommend please?

Keep in mind that with A+ you never actually have to upgrade. Some people just do it to keep up with technology...and maybe because they have $500 to blow. Once you're A+ certified, you're certified for life. The hardware exam much simpler than the software which goes back as far as MSDOS.

I take it because I want to make sure I know what I'm doing. Yes, A+ is for life, but I can assure you that I will not fall behind the curve simply because I already have my A+.

doesn't matter which one, new or old. They are all based on the requirement that you know what you are doing. The only difference is how old the information is in the Old test versus the new one. If I were you, I would take the old one, and if you pass, then next year take the new one. Do it every two years to keep up to speed with the industry expectation and don't loose track of the trends and most importantly, never forget how to use old technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom