Holy Catfish, Batman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicoDirenzo

Fully Optimized
My Conroe E6300 using an Artic Cooler Pro 7 and over clocked to 2.4 Ghz runs at 18 degrees centigrade idle and under a full load never got over 22 degrees. My other AM2 4200+ system never runs under 35 degrees. What ever Intel did in the design of this chip to accomplish these low operating temps is nothing less than phenominal!! IS this a correct reading or is my Gigabyte S3D mobo misreporting the temperatiure?:amazed:

are you using the bios to look at temperatures? or a program like everest. Because I know that when I use everest I have to ad about 5-7 deg C to the reading to make it more accurate.

yeah, unless your room is cooler than 64*F... its thermodynamically impossible to be that cool w/ air cooling

Thiougt it sounded a little wierd and the physics certainly is indisputable. The case temp is around 87 degrees f. THis really bothers me. Has anyone else experienced faulty temp reading with Gigabyte boards? That is the temp displayed in the BIOS hardware monitor as well.

Its not, its a very common problem. I had the same thing with my old Abit motherboard, it just needed a BIOS flash to the latest version to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom