partition...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Gparted is free :p I was saying partition magic isn't, and maybe explaining how you use Gparted to do what he wants wouldn't go a miss general :) especially if they have not used it before or are computer illiterate.

I don't know what he wants, or how to use Partition Magic. All I know is that Gparted has been able to do anything I've needed it to do, and that it's a free alternative to Partition Magic.

I have used Gparted, Partition Magic, and the Windows management tools. Although I think you're making your OS partition a bit bigger than you need to. If you are just going to be installing Windows and your programs on that partition and your documents folder, files, etc on the other drives you shouldn't need such a big partition. I usually use 20-30gb.

Many times when you've installed windows and it boots up for the first time, you'll see the unpartitioned drive sitting there under "My Computer". If it does show up you can just right-click/format and choose NTFS. I like the Gparted live CD, it's very easy to use and works great. I like partition magic too, though.

Actually, I've gotten two copies of PartitionMagic for free. Keep your eye on your local Fry's ad or Fry's.com. They'll sometimes bundle partitionmagic free with NAV or NIS. You'll just need some proof of upgrade from a competitor's software and you can score it free after rebate.

For example, I got NIS 2007, Ghost 10 & PM 8 in one bundle free after rebate on Black Friday.

Cool, I can download dd, Gparted and Linux for free, legally, without having to wait for rebates or go to a store or buy anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom