my 7900GS

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i picked up my new baby today :D

i've been overclocking it and she seems to be a good 'un. it's still a little warm so i'll wait until later tonight and frankenstein something together to see what i can get. on the stock cooler i've made 590/800 from 450/660 without a hiccup. 600mhz on the core artifacts a bit but i think i can get a bit over that with a pedestal fan and cooler air temps. i have no doubt i can get some nice clocks with a nice cooler and a volt mod. i wanted to break 5000 in 3dmark06. my last benchmark gave me 4999 :(

Not tot jack your thread but where did the GT's run off to? what is this "GS" ? I was considering SLI but there is none left apparently...

Excellent news nitestick! Now I can justify going for the GS instead of the GT and saving a little bit of money:) Keep us updated on your overclockin' progress!

i have no idea where the 7900GTs have gone where you are :confused: in australia there is still a good supply of them. the 7900GS is basically a GT gpu with 4 pipelines locked. it's almost like a new and improved version of the 7800GT.

edit: awesome!!! i found out the stock fan was only running at 30% speed in 3D mode so i used RivaTuner to put it to 100%. i'm about to bench at 600/800 which already seems relatively stable now :D. stock fan and no volt mods, yay!!!

edit2: yeah it does seem fairly stable at 600/800. i 3dmarked and got 5089 on 06. i'm about to 3dmark again with an overclock on my processor and see what i get.

3dmark600880dr3.jpg

clock600880yk3.jpg

that's obviously at 600/880. personally i'm quite impressed with that score but i don't know 3dmark that well. is that a good 03 score?

Well, I got 10250 on 3Dmark03 with the specs in my sig.

What are you gonna get for a cooler?

5000 is really good for a gs in 3dmark06, i didnt break 6000 untill after i voltmoded.

have you been scanning for artifacts? i couldnt get my buddies that high w/o artifacting

yeah i've been scanning for artifacts both with ATItool and my naked eye. i can detect more artifacts than ATItool and it's doing pretty well ;). i got a couple of artifacts at 600 with the fan at 100% but that was only straight after running it at 610mhz for a while at which it artifacts. you know how it is with having to let it settle after artifacts.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom