Dee de deeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.

SixShotEspresso

Solid State Member
Hey wassup ppl, im a noob. so be gentl. So i freakin bought a XPS 2 days ago. Dont know how it happend, started out lookin for a nice 5-800$ notebook. ended up w an XPS. like 2382$ guess that might not be a bad deal but since im no pc/notebook/gamming guru i wonder if this is too much for me. i plan to use it for games, creating comics/manga, editing photos, music, etc..... hey what is bluetooth on a notebook for? also my wife is in the military so we are apart alot. er VAIO has a camera, so we wanna video chat is that ez to door do u have to pay for addtnl services. thnx, 6.

sooory

im typing in between patients @ work. Hope not all ppl here give same response. not too frindly are we? I just wanted some help guess im in the wrong place.

we do help but you made some errors when posting:

1. could be considered the wrong section maybe other hardware topics might have been appropriate.

2.unreadable text.

welcome to the forum :p first off yes that is far too much money for a laptop but if you have it to spend it doesn't matter its still top of the range.

To webcam you could use something simple like MSN messenger you both install it and add each others accounts then when your both online you can chat and web conference.

Bluetooth can be used I presume to connect to other bluetooth devices such as mobile phones to transfer files etc.

thnx

hey man thanks alot. sorry if i came off a bit immature, i can map your circulatory sysytem but i know very little about PCs and the like. Ill try in the future to go to the right section/forum. Maybe we should add a section for dumb NOOB questons. I wasnt quite sure where to post. Im gonna need to by periphreals(sp) like web cams and the like so ill be lookin around in here for advice. thanx for not being an @$$. 6.

oh yeah

yeah, you are right about the price being a lil high, but unlike most of the ppl in here i dont know how to build a system from scatch. I also have very little time to devote to shopping. Still i should have come here first for opions, anyhoo. Ive already made the order. I just didnt realize dell was such an unpopular brand. (after reading some other forums) thanks again for the advice. 6

No problems also there's an edit button :D saves posting again. Dell is unpopular but they do nice laptops you will be happy with the XPS. Feel free to post again in this forum in each section there are normally stickys which are permanently there with rules and guides which can be useful. Have fun with your new laptop if you have any trouble let us know.

Always remember there is also a search button at the top of the website if you cant find what your looking for then try www.google.com if you find your still stuck then by all means post :). There are always game sections too considering you will have an XPS it can play some great games so that's a section worth looking at too.

Great to have you with us, six. I see that BvGG has gotten you taken care of. :D

We get a lot of immature teens and such, so some here tend to shoot from the hip. Not that that is a bad thing all the time, but we sometimes judge too quickly. I've done it several times.

Feel free to ask away.

specs

XPS M1710;Intel® CoreTM 2 Duo T7200 (2.00GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 667 MHz FSB) 1
Operating System (Office software not included): Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
Upgrade to Windows Vista: Express Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium from XP Media Center Edition
LCD Panel: 17 inch UltraSharpTM Wide Screen UXGA Display with TrueLifeTM
Memory: 1GB DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHZ, 2 DIMM
Optical Drive: 8X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability
Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA® GeForceTM Go 7900 GS
Hard Drive: 60GB 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive
Network Card and Modem: Integrated 10/100/1000 Network Card and Modem
Primary Battery: 80 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Office Productivity Software (Pre-Installed): No productivity suite- Includes Microsoft Works 8. DOES NOT INCLUDE MS WORD
Anti-Virus/Security Suite (Pre-installed): PC-cillin Internet Security: AntiVirus, Firewall, Spyware removal 15-months
Dell Digital Entertainment: No preinstalled software
Dial-Up Internet Access: 6 Months of America Online Membership Included
Adobe Software: Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 7.0
Wireless Networking Cards: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945a/g
Mobile Broadband: Dell Wireless 5700 Mobile Broadband(CDMA EVDO)ExpressCard for Verizon
Future Operating Systems: Windows VistaTM Capable
XPS Specialized Support: Inspiron XPS, Specialized Support
CompleteCare Accidental Damage Service: Add CompleteCare Accidental Damage Service to 4Yr Lim Warranty
Sound Options: Integrated Sound Blaster® AudigyTM HD Software Edition
Limited Warranty, Services and Support: 4Yr Ltd Warranty and At-Home Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom