HDD Transfer Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

echo252

Beta member
Hi all. I have just installed a new mb - asrock P4i65G - as my previous one died. I reformatted and installed windows fresh onto my 40Gb SATA drive. Programs and general speed appear ok, but when i attempt to transfer files between my other HDD's the transfer begins but rapidly grinds to a halt.

Has anyone any ideas? I have updated the bios, checked HDD settings (Pio/UMDA) and installed all the software from the supplied cd - all to no avail.

Any ideas?

Hi again. After significant changing of settings etc, I seem to have found a potential solution. In bios under ide controllers etc there is an option to change the mode between "enhanced" (which apparently is best for xp) and "compatibility" (which is apparently best for 98, ME, 2000). When i change it to compatibility, i am able to transfer files between my drives. However, this mode only allows me to enable one ide controller (either primary OR secondary) along with SATA. Since i have one HDD connected to the primary IDE and 2 dvd drives connected to the secondary IDE, in addition to my 2 SATA drives, this means i would have to sacrifice a device in order for the HDD's to transfer properly.

Surely there must be a solution to this! The latest bios offers no fix, and i cant manage to hange any drive-specific settings or anything else to get it all to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom