Should I Upgrade or buy new

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsetkhan

Solid State Member
Hi, i'm just curious on what u guys think i should do with my current rig. I plan on buying a new computer soon, but i was wondering if i should buy a new comp now or upgrade my current rig to try and extend its life by another half year/year till some of the next gen games come out....crysis, supreme commander,C&C3.

Currently i have a Amd 3200
Abit kv8 pro motherboard
2x512 kingston 3200 ram
geoforce 6600gt agp slot

Could i buy a new graphics card in the 7 series without it severly bottleknecking my cpu.

Thanks.

depending on what you would do with this one. I would say buy a newer, more updated system. This one is still ok, but dated... and if you want to play the newer games the way they are designed to be played, you will need more up-to-date parts.

I would say build a whole new system

I agree ^.

Go with:

E6600
Asus P5B
8800GTX or GTS if you wanna play Crysis
2Gb DDR2 800 Ram

so i shouldn't try and prolong my system at all, and just go ahead and buy a new one.

It would be suggested, yes... but your the one who is spending the money. We are just trying to help you spend it wisely. :)

you can still use your system you have now, just for other needs... maybe the family can use it for email/internet, or light gaming, etc... you just have a newer machine for your games.

very nice build... that will work very well together... have fun building... I take it you already have the OS, keyboard, mouse, speakers...

Is the socket type on the CPU 939 ?

If so I would suggest just to upgrade.

I would go with an opty 165 (about $150 on newegg).
2 1 gig sticks of ram ($200 - $300).
then shop around for the best AGP video card you can find. (ie 7800GS for around $240 on new egg).

If you do those upgrades you should be fine till the next gen games come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom