Razor Diamondback

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmanych

Daemon Poster
I have won a prize on a local stores forum for giving the most usefull information. The prize is $89 to spend in the store... I am building a new computer soon with E6600 and 8800GTX so I dont want to buy anything for my computer now.

I have cast my eyes on the Razor Diamonback ($89)... I am currently using a Microsoft Optical Mouse 2.0.

My Mouse Now

Except in Silver.

I do game alot and I was wondering if I would notice a diffrence in how I play my games with the Diamondback?

And also my PC only supports USB1.1... would that make a diffrence?

yeah, gaming mice are awsome, especially if you can control the resolution on the fly... i love my Logitech MX518... when u hop on a turrett or switch to a sniper scope in a fps, usually the mouse becomes less responsive so you have to make bigger movements to move your pov, but w/ the up/down resolution buttons u can make your movements just a small and get the same effect on screen with a click of a button.

im not sure if the razor has that feature... i def recommend the mx518, its on special at newegg right now for 39.99. u can also use the thumb buttons for reload and mic activation.

u can find a razor online for way less than that... woot.com usually has at least one razor a month for like 30-40 dollars

yea... I live in Australia so I cant use newegg... And also the diamonback does have ON THE FLY sensitity or somehthing.... So go for it? and what about the USB 1.1 too?

The Diamondback is worth bying... and since you're getting it for free it's all the better.

I love mine, and don't think I could go back to a regular mouse now, period.

Oh, and don't double post a topic. I locked the other one.

usb 1.1 or 2.0 its not going to affect performance....get a logitech g5 instead......mx518 is only 1600dpi, and the g5 is 20000 dpi......much more sensitive.
personally, i dont like the feel of the razer mice becuase they are low and flat and dont fit my hand too well....
its all personal preference though. :)

hmammen said:
usb 1.1 or 2.0 its not going to affect performance....get a logitech g5 instead......mx518 is only 1600dpi, and the g5 is 20000 dpi......much more sensitive.
personally, i dont like the feel of the razer mice becuase they are low and flat and dont fit my hand too well....
its all personal preference though. :)

pffft... 20000dpi? more like 2000, which is a 25% improvement, but still, i can make my guy do a 360 w/o moving my wrist... what more do you need?

i run mine at ~1100 dpi and up it to 1600 when i get on a turret

i think normal mice are like 800 dpi, not sure though

I just bought a new mouse, and after reading reviews etc, decided that I liked the G3 better than the diamondback.

It should be arriving tomorrow, so I will try it out, and then post and tell you my inital feelings on it.

i run mine at ~1100 dpi and up it to 1600 when i get on a turret

i keep my sensitivity on 5.0 (half-way) unless I'm sniping... then I pull it down to 1.0 (bottom). Really helps those headshots ;).

If not the diamondback then get the logitech G5 which is what i use. The biggest advantage this has over the diamondback is the ease of changing the weight of it. With the razer you have to pay for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom