PDF decryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerulean

In Runtime
Hello!

Right now I have a .pdf file that I need to edit to make the wording smaller, but the file is encrypted (one of those "authorization string" files). It appears to only have a simple user password and master password, but so far I've tried several different programs and none have been able to decrypt it. I can print, just not resize. Any thoughts as to how I can accomplish this? So far I've tried PDF Password Remover, PDF Recover, PDF2Word, and Smart PDF Converter.

I just need to edit the document (and preferably without retyping the whole thing). I can already read the file, and even print. Just can't do anything else with it.

Thank you! :)

If you have adobe acrobat pro, or some other PDF creation software, try printing the PDF to the PDF printer then edit it from there.

Thanks for responding :) Well, I tried Acrobat Pro 8 and it didn't take, saying that it needed a plugin, so I installed the FileOpen plugin, but it still kept searching for the same one. Go figure right? So I checked the site where I got the file and in the FAQ it says for some reason it works best with Acrobat 5.1 - 6.0. So unbelievably I managed to track down a copy of 6.0 and it still kept checking for updates, not actually opening the file. So far I've only been able to get it working with Acrobat Reader 5.1 (yes the freeware). Hmmm... what else we got? :)

I'm guessing the password part is not the whole problem. I recently spent about a whole day trying to convert PDFs to some editable format for my boss. APDF to Word converted it to word fairly successfully and FoxitPDF editor worked pretty well to open the pdf and actually edit it.

You're right. PDF's can be a total hassel. lol.

I tried Foxit, and it's a great program, but it still didn't solve the problem. If it helps, the pdf is encrypted with a plugin called FileOpen. I have the plugin installed on Acrobat Pro, but it still looks for updates when I try to access the file, and STILL won't open the file. It's one of those "autorization string" files. It only takes one time to open the file, which i did, but I just can't edit it, or open it in Acrobat Pro. So far, Reader 5.1 has been the only program that will even open the file. Odd isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom