New rig doesn't even start? No response?

Status
Not open for further replies.
now it says something about 11/10/2006 and just freezes there it seems.

then shuts down after 3 mins of course.

The pins don't confuse me, I get 3 of them in then one just gives me a problem.. must just be mine who knows.

Rotate the HSF 90 degrees and then try to install it, see if installs fine that way. If it seems damaged, then just buy an after market one.

I got it in pretty solid now. Boot the machine, and set my memory voltage to 2.2v... then of course.. my computer just shut downs with a little click sound. I'm starting to feel like indeed my powersupply is messed up.. unless i'm missing something.

Boot to your BIOS, and go to your PC health section. Watch your CPU temp. If it keeps going up and reaches over 70 before shutting off, that's your problem. If that's the case, just get a new heatsink fan.

yeah, I think I already dealt with the CPU. Should be fine now, but it still shuts down.

Well ****, I just tested my PSU and I can conlude it's fine. The CPU temps are also pretty stable now. But it's still shutting off, if it was the motherboard would it even boot? Other than that could it be my memory?

well **** guess what Austin, checked the CPU temps and it goes up to 80+.. turns off before 90c. God, how is the stock heatsink so crappy. Unless somehow my arctic silver 5 is bad or something I can't see why temps are getting so high.

hmm..take the heatsink off get a old credit card or something re apply some paste smooth it over. Put the heatsink back on might not have been seated correctly especially with the conroe heatsinks its easy not to put then in fully you have to push really hard. Although just hope it hasn't done too much damage if you have been trying to run it while its at such high temps.

i had the same problem before, it might be bad sticks of ram and your motherboard, assuming u installed the processor right and everything else, a bad motherboard might cause the temp readings to be exorbitant and bad ram causes the frequent shutdowns

also take pic inside your case if u can, it may help us techies help you better =D

Think I could have damaged the CPU? I always figured the CPU either works or it doesn't. Really no sign of damage, shuts off beforehand I suppose. Although slow erosion makes more sense, hopefully it's not damaged and what would be the methodry for seeing any damage.. I suppose slower clock speeds later? Either way if it fails at any point I have some extra cash to replace it.. hopefully not =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom