need help finding an excellent lcd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinscher

Fully Optimized
Every time I find an lcd that looks good, I will find a review that says it has problems with this and that or that it develops weird lines and what not after a short time of use. This is becoming very frustrating because I am planning to buy my parts for my rig right after Christmas and I am running out of time to figure this out.

I want a widescreen lcd that is preferably bigger than 20" ( the bigger the better =) ) with a resolution of 1680x1050 or higer.

I will be using it for games, 3D animation, movies, photoshop, and of course the basic browsing and such. I want something that produces great colors, including deep blacks with no rings, good contrast and brightness of course, I can deal with a somewhat poor stand, I will find a way to make it work fine. I am just worried about the actual lcd part of the monitor. I do not need built-in speakers because I already have some Bose speakers to use =) but if the display is great and it happens to come with speakers that is fine, I just won't use them. I am guessing I will only be using DVI but honestly I don't know much about all of those connections (D-SUB, DVI, VGA, etc.). At the moment I don't really have a price range because I am just so frustrated about all these problems that I just want a good lcd already. Just don't go too overboard with it, heh.

Thanks a lot for all of your help in advance.

P.S. LCDs I have looked into:

SCEPTRE x22wg
I found this monitor produces poor blacks.

SAMSUNG 225BW
I found this monitor has quality control problems and has been known to produce weird colored lines through it after a short time.

I own this monitor Chimei 22" except in black and it's awesome. The other two monitors you posted are fine, don't take the negative feedbacks so seriously. EVERYTHING that is mass produced will have a few bad seeds, that and the fact that shipping items can put them in less than ideal conditions (I.E. an angry worker, summer, winter, etc). I've had this 22" for 3 weeks or so now and love it. Would have gotten two, but next semester fees are due soon :( (plus it's a little overkill for me :p )

I'm also looking at the 22" Chimei. the reviews I've seen are all quite good, and it's less expensive than the majority of 22" LCD's

the only problem for me is I haven't got the money yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom