New rig doesn't even start? No response?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh shiet, I got it going... seems I forgot to plug in thee auxiliary power supposedly for helping power the graphics cards.. figured it was just for SLI.

kkkkk, now it's booting.. posting.. crying about a floppy I don't have which i'll disable.. continues loading.. and just shuts down out of the blue.

Happy to know, I don't smell any frying.. and fans seem to be working... relaying info etc... going to go see what's causing it to shutdown

#@*(@#$ actually, just caught my CPU at 70 c in bios... the stock heatsink from intel has these retarded freaking pins.. that are such a pain in the *** to get to clip for me for some reason. I think it's loose and not forming good contact.. power supply seems fine for now.. or I hope.. I'm assuming the Mobo was automatically shutting down because of high CPU temps.. lets see. Taking off the heatsink now for reapplication of paste and hopefully more solid contact.

and yeahh stock heatstink for now/ air etc until I decide on a watercooling setup :)

Yea, thatd also do it, but if it still continues after you make sure that heatsink is properly secured then the PSU.

God, Im so off today.. :(

The stock HSF for the core 2 duos are fine and simple to install. Not sure how the simple twist procedure confuses people, but look in your manual if you are really having that much trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom