My DH's only transfer data from each other at 815 mbps? Why so slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPL Tech

In Runtime
The HDÂ’s I have are listed in my signature. They are 3/0 gb/sec HDÂ’s running off a mobo that supports 3gb/ sec HDÂ’s. Yet when I try to transfer 9.2 GB from one HD to another it takes three minutes to transfer the data. Why so long? They are 3.0 gb/ sec HDÂ’sÂ…

ThatÂ’s only about 815 mbpsÂ… By Eathernet card supports speeds faster then thatÂ… So wtf?

I just transferred some more files and noticed there is an extreme variance in the amount of bandwidth they transfer at. I listed them below.

23.5 GB. in 400 seconds = 510 mbps (large video files)
618 MB. in 13 seconds = 377 mbps (music)
7.79 GB. in 305 seconds = only 200 mbps!! (games)
25 GB. in 450 seconds = 445 mbps (medium to large video files)
202 MB. in 7.5 seconds = 215 mbps (different various files)

So why the **** are these HD's running so slow? Especial the transfer of the games. IT was only 25mbps. I know some places that have faster internet connections...

and btw... nothing was running in the background. All resources were dedicated to the transfer of the files.

Yes I am using the stuff in my sig. What options are there to choose from related to the HD's?

the bandwith of the cables may be 3GB/S, but the hard drive itself can't write or pull data off the disk that fast.

How fast the hard drive itself can read or write will depend on a number of things, including, but not limited to, the fragmentation, the disk RPM, the accuracy of the read/write heads, the amount of sectors, how far away it is from the centre of the disk etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom