Upgrade..or get a new whole freakin system..

Status
Not open for further replies.

freechus9

In Runtime
I have a Dell Dimension L600r, which sucks a lot. It's got a P3 600 Mhz processor, Radeon 7000 PCI 64 MB, Ensonique PCI Sound card, some mobo with an Intel 810 chipset, and a 20 gig harddrive. The case only has 1 External 5.25 bay and 2 External 3.5 bays. Oh ya, I have an EXTERNAL 4X BURNER!! Help me. So should I just get a new computer or upgrade the hell outta the sucker.

It really depends on what you want to do with it. If your gonna be a hard-core gamer, buy a new one, or build a new one, but if you are just gonna use it for the internet, upgrade to meet your needs.

I'll probably build a new one. I can't stand this peice of crap in my house any longer. Or I'll just make it the family computer and keep the new one to myself ;)

Need anything besides web surfing / word processing etc.? Upgrade the processor, etc., and storage, generally, bigger is better.

Generally, having a fast processor equals you don't have to upgrade all together - just if there is a crappy videocard.

I recently replaced the GeForce2 MX 400 64 MB, which came in my dad's Dell Dimension 4400 (P4 1.6), with a Radeon 8500 and performance shot up by almost triple in games.

Make sure to take plenty of pics when you start building... we're a curious group around here and like to see how the progress is coming.

I will..but........I don't have a digital camera -_-. Perhaps I'll use a polaroid and scan it.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom