0162 configuration error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosox3

Baseband Member
ok heres the prob...
today my nephew was playing sims 2 and while he was playing he hit the shelf the tower was on..it fell less than 2 feet and not very hard since the cords slowed its fall...
now when i go to restart it i get this errors:

0162 configuration error
no dhcp or proxydhcp offers were recieved
1962 : no operating system found

im not sure what has happened or what I need to do now.
I was reading online and it said run setup but not sure what that meant.

if you still get the error after a few restarts you could try booting your windows xp (or wutever operating system) disk, and pressing the appropriate key to enter the boot or post screen.

Most computers/motherboards will make you refer to the manuals for this, but some will display these keys as the computer loads.

You should also check that the hard drives are attached properly and working, as this may affect if the computer will boot.

Probably just a loose cable in the case, check all of them.
Sounds like an IDE cable to me though.

ok...thanks everyone....I tried to check all the cables but couldnt find any loose ones.

I restarted the computer and when it comes up with those same errors...

it says:
Press f1 to setup...f2 to resume
*error boot sequence will be taken if no selection is made

I end up pushing f2...and then the computer loads into the desktop.

but the question now is..how do I fix this, so that i dont get this error boot screen everytime I restart.

try pressing f1 and changing your boot sequence, which might affect how your computer reacts to each component as you boot. (if something is not working right, and it is first in the boot list, it could be causing the problem)

did u recently upgrade your computer?

that just means you changes something with the hardware, and it asks you that in case you didn't, and you want to check it out.
it shouldn't come up every time... post back if it does

The only thing Ive installed was a new video card.

thanks, I'll give this a try when i get home from work today and let everyone know how I make out w/ it.

is your internet working still? this error:
no dhcp or proxydhcp offers were recieved

suggests something to do with the network or its trying to boot from LAN go into the BIOS and look at the boot order and make sure LAN isnt selected.

I would also open the case make sure to anti static your self first touch a radiator or the panel from your case and just push all the wires to make sure they are ok. Also do the same with any network or graphics cards push them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom