question about RAID

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol im sorry im really noobish. what is required to put two raptors in raid0?? one friend told me a controller was needed, another said it wasnt... what is the cheapest solution for raptors in raid0 with links PLEASE! christmas is 6 days away....

If your motherboard has two SATA150 connectors, and supports RAID configurations, then all you have to do is plug them in and configure it!

Set your hard-drive type to RAID in the BIOS, then insert your Windows CD and boot up. When it asks you to press (I think it is F6) the button to load RAID drivers, press it (make sure your RAID drivers floppy is in the floppy drive [or CD]) and then you should be able to figure it out. :)

Someone else may be able to go more in-depth if that doesn't help you...I've never actually done it.

You may not need a separate pci controller, only "IF" your board has the requisite (usually "software" based) controller chip on board. RTFM!

Raid0 is usually not worth the greater data loss risk for its minimal performance increase. Raid0+1 , 5 are better choices...most important is the purpose/use of the pc, as not all uses will benefit from the slight performance increase a hardware card with ample ram will afford.

If only for braggin' rights then the preceding doesnt matter so much....

it's not for bragging rights... im suprised to hear that raid0 doesnt give a good performance gain... are there any hard drive benchmarks? i googled it earlier but i couldn't find any. im curious now lol :]]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom