Building PC -- Need suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffK91

In Runtime
Well, I've looked over my savings from the past 6 months and I have enough to buy myself another PC for Christmas! :D This'll be my second build and I need some suggestions. I have a $1500 budget /w out monitor -- that's already been picked out http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001087
I actually have around $1800 to spend but I am planning on buying the Logitech Z-5500 speaker set

This comp will be used for the most part for gaming along with music, movies, surfing the web, etc. I would like for this comp to run on high settings at least for the upcoming Vanguard and on BF2142. I prefer Intel and Nvidia for parts. Sorry if I am asking for too much :D thanks again guys

I don't know about that case's PSU. I know antec is a somewhat good brand, but if you're running a system with hardware that hot, using a stock case PSU would be a very stupid decision. I am building an extremely similar system, and as soon as I find a PSU, I'll post it here.

ummm id make a few changes to that build:

samsung dvd burner $33
CM centurion 5 $50
zalman 9500 $48
WD 250gb sataII
microsoft comfort curve $20
g.skill 2x1gb $225
gigabyte ds3 $135
hiper 580w $90
C2D e6400 $220
CL x-fi fatality $116 after mail-in-rebate
evga 8800gts $400 after mail-in-rebate
microsoft home w/ coupon for vista $90

total: $1569.87 (w/ shipping)

Sorry i went a little over your budget but that setup should give you a good overclock and the 8800gts can play those games on high settings easy and supports dx10 when you get vista with that coupon.

edit: sry forgot the as5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom