Computer won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
now i deff think its a hardware fault, when you start the machine on the BIOS post quickly note down the maker of the BIOS (AMI...etc) and then pres the key for setup (DEL or somethign depending on your BIOS) and searhc thru the settings and enable BIOS bleeps, restart the machine and make a note of how many bleeps you hear, post the results

Tried the thermal paste, no help.

No the heatsink fan and HD start to spin, slow down, speed up and stop. All within about 5 to 10 seconds.

Won't bootup at all now.

Also checked the capacitors to see if they were blown and looked at the chip to see if there were any spots. All looks good.

There is only one "card" (modem) in the machine, everything is onboard.

Don't know if the MoBo is fried but I know I am.

Stick a fork in me, I'm done.

Thanks for all your assistance.

RAM Fault Also!

Well it seems problem lies in PS n n RAM modules also :rolleyes: Unplug ur RAM in try switching them in other panel.May b it works or try placing ur RAM in ur frnd's PC...If it works their then it's problem in ur mobo :amazed:

Chapter 47.....

Called my friend and said I'm putting the old PS (with the fan not working) back in and will bring it by.

Decided to plug it in one last time (with the old PS) and it's running like a champ. Have powered down twice now and it's booting up fully.Please register YourTraySpell

Old PS shutdown when it got hot.

Bought a new PS this AM and it's been running for about 3 hours. I have also shutdown a couple of times and restarted.

All seems well at this point.

Thanks again for the advise.

so its all working now, good deff sounded like a PSU prob hope your new PSU holds out u did buy one with enough power right?

Coooool! It's been running for a couple days now and I just gave it back so....we'll see how she do.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom