Programs only run in Admin??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobkon

Baseband Member
Whenever I install an Adobe program (CS2 and Acrobat) in Windows XP pro, I get an error saying to reinstall the program cause the liscense is wrong etc. But I am able to run the program perfectly fine from the Administrator desktop. Why is it doing this? I installed from my other username, yet it only runs in Admin. How do I get around this? Thanks

Well I reinstalled from the Admin and I still get this **** error when trying to access the program from another user account which has "Administrator Privelages".

"An error has been detected with a required application library and the product cannot continue. Please reinstall the application."

There is no option when I reinstall the application to set the users to "All". This is a dead end here. Any suggestions?

you could try changing settings on the ".exe" itself, and give 'everyone' execute or 'full control'

Uninstall and reinstall. in the install area where you can select a custom install, do so. Specify that this is an all users install. if the application still won't work or gives errors, then you need to download this : FileMon and RegMon
Run that as an admin while you are logged in as the user. then launch the program as the user. This will allow you to look for any permissions errors that are occuring. If you find permission errors correct them. The bigest problem that using users has is that the setup is never developed for proper application support and usage. This is something I'm very familiar with as the environment I support is done this way.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom