ath64 or pent M for notebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_*pink*floyd*_

Beta member
Hi I'm new to this forum but from what i've read you guys know what your talking about. I,ve spent a couple of days looking at notebooks and am still unsure as to which kind to go for. As a decent notebook isn't cheap I would value some of your expert advice as to which one to buy. I'm looking for something thats pretty-much state of the art at the min but can also be upgraded in the future. Can you tell me the difference between the ath64 and the pent M, the pro's and cons and which you prefer?

Thanks in advance... pf

AMD. I have an intel, but amd is way better than intel. get an amd unless u really have something from intel (good deal) but otherwise go with amd.

it really depends on what you want.

if you want better performance(faster), go with teh amd.
BUT if you want a longer battery length, stick with the pent m
pent m's use less power because they are slower and use power more effiecient

if your going to use it inside mostly, get the amd

wait before you go off buying an AMD. i am pretty sure these guys do not realize this is for a notebook. Intel has a stronghold in mobile computing. a P4 is recommended over an AMD XP-m. so my recommendation to you is do not get an AMD notebook.

get the centrino. it offers up to 5+ hours battery life and contrary to what you may think, a centrino 1.6Ghz+ can keep up with a pentium4 2.8Ghz (rough estimate). your money is wasted on anything higher. otherwise a P4 2.4Ghz notebook would be a good buy also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom